These players must attend:
- Players who are League Age 8 or older and did not play Madison LL in the immediately previous season (even if they played Madison LL in earlier seasons).
- Players who are League Age 10 and want to declare for the Majors draft (even if they played Madison LL in the immediately previous season).
These players should not attend:
- Players who are League Age 7 or younger.
- Players who played Madison LL during the immediately previous season (we have coach evaluations for these players).
Dates, times and location:
Assessments for the current season are completed. Information is posted on this page for the upcoming season in December.
What to bring:
- All players must wear a face covering, and bring their fielding glove, bat and batting helmet (if they have a bat/helmet).
- Players must wear sneakers or turf shoes (no cleats).
- Players who are new to Madison LL will need to provide the required proof of residency and proof of age documents. Please bring the original documents - they will be reviewed and immediately returned to you.
What we look for:
- Assessments allow us to collect up-to-date performance data for the player draft, helping to ensure a fair and equitable distribution of talent across all teams in a division.
- Players are evaluated on fielding and hitting. Players also have the option of being evaluated on pitching if they are interested.
- Evaluators look for form and strength relative to other players of the same age.
- Players' assessment scores are confidential to Madison LL and are not published or otherwise made known beyond the evaluators and the MLL Board members and coaches involved in the player drafts.