Some players may be required to attend assessments. If so, you must sign up in advance for an assessment time slot. Please read the information below carefully, and click the button below to sign up. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Please note: if you are new to Madison LL, you will also need to provide the required new player documents, which can be brought to Assessments. Players who are new and League Age 7 or younger, only need to bring the new player documents - they do not need to sign up for an Assessment time slot.
These players must attend assessments
- League Age 8 or older players who did not play Madison LL in the immediately prior spring season (even if they played Madison LL in earlier seasons, or played summer or fall ball in the prior season).
- League Age 10 players who want to declare for the Majors draft (even if they played Madison LL in the immediately prior spring season).
- League Age 11 players who have not previously played Majors
Dates, times and location
- Assessments will take place at Madison HS in the Auxiliary Gym on Sunday, Feb 6 from 4:00-6:00pm, and Saturday, Feb 26 from 12:00-2:00pm.
- You must sign up for a specific assessment date and time.
- Each player must sign up for only one 20-minute time slot.
- Siblings can come during the same time slot, but please sign them up individually (two signup entries).
- NOTE: if you have not already registered for Madison LL, please do so before attending your scheduled assessment. Click here to register for Madison LL.
How to sign up
Click the button below to sign up for an assessment time slot.
What we look for
- Assessments allow us to collect performance data for the player draft, helping to ensure a fair and equitable distribution of talent across all teams in a division.
- Players are evaluated on fielding, hitting, and pitching.
- Evaluators look for form and strength relative to other players of the same age.
- Players' assessment scores are confidential to Madison LL and are not published or otherwise made known beyond the evaluators and the MLL Board members and coaches involved in the player drafts.
What to bring
- All players must wear a face covering, and bring their fielding glove, bat and batting helmet (if they have a bat/helmet).
- Players must wear sneakers (no cleats).
- Players who are new to Madison LL will need to provide the required proof of residency and proof of age documents. Please bring the original documents - they will be reviewed and immediately returned to you.
Procedures on assessment day
- Please arrive five minutes early for your assessment to check in.
- Players should be enter through the gym lobby entrance.
- Parents are not permitted in the gym during assessments.
- Parents who are providing the required new player documents should bring them to check-in.
- Parents should not leave the premises - players will be in the building for only about 20 minutes.